A research team from Europe coming to Hong Kong to study Park Island as a case study

Readers, I received the following email from Louise Westin, from Sweco Infrastructure, in Stockholm.

If you feel like helping her and making contact with her, please feel free to do so.

Dear Park Island Blogger, Thank you for your help about where to find information about Park Island and Ma Wan! Now I wonder if perhaps you maybe could give me some answers to my questions to? I would really appreciate your help!

I am planning a study-trip to Hong Kong, for a group of approximately 100 traffic planers, urban planners and engineers. On our study-trip to Hong Kong, we have scheduled an visit to Ma Wan and the residential area Park Island. We have not yet sorted out exactly how the visit will be organized, but one idea is to handle out some information material before we visit the Island. This is the reason way I am writing to you, I wonder if you could post a question on the wall of your group. I wonder how the residents on Ma Wan experience that the traffic system to and from the Island works in practice? Since private cars are restricted from entry the Island I am really interested to hear, from the people who actually uses the system, how it works in practice. Is there any problems?What is positive to live on an island there you is limited to just use public transport?What is negative – have you faced any problems? Our hopes is to inspire our colleges to implement this way of traffic planning in our projects in Sweden. It is really interesting that you have adopted the “Park and Ride” concept on an entire island! I am really grateful for your help!

Best regards, Louise Westin


Louise Westin
Civil engineer and Traffic planner
Telephone direct +46 (0)8 6956624
Mobile +46 (0)727-16 24 55
louise.westin@sweco.se
Sweco Infrastructure AB
Gjörwellsgatan 22
Box 34044
SE-100 26 Stockholm

Telephone +46 (0)8 6956000
www.sweco.se

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pool facilities on Park Island

Green Green Club on Park Island